How to get a paternity test done with hair?
Performing a home paternity test with hair is simple. The first thing you will need is a minimum of 8 to 10 hair follicles from the person you would like to be against. Please note, each hair follicle must have the root attached to the follicle in order to perform a paternity test effectively.
The next step would be is to place each hair follicle into the same paper envelope like a mailing letter envelope or something along these lines and seal the envelope. Do not forget to label the envelope. It is important to note, placing hair follicle samples into a plastic bag or Ziploc bag may compromise the integrity of the sample making the sample’s success rate of effectiveness less likely. After you collect the hair samples please contact Paternity Express to order your home DNA testing kit.
Once you order your home paternity DNA testing kit. The kit will be shipped to your home. Please follow the instructions carefully. Complete the enclosed chain of custody form, place the DNA samples collected into the enclosed prepaid envelope and ship the prepaid envelope pack to the lab for testing. Upon completion of your result, a copy will be emailed to and a copy will be sent to your home.
How does the process work?
The process is simple to get started.
1. First step, contact Paternity Express by phone or you can purchase a kit online here.
2. After you purchase your kit. Please allow 24 hours or the next business day for your kit to ship to your home.
3. Once the kit has shipped you will be sent an email with the tracking information going to your home.
4. After you receive your kit. Follow the enclosed instructions carefully on how to collect your own samples. Complete the chain of custody form. Place your samples and chain of custody inside of your prepaid return envelope.
5. Once your samples arrive at the lab. Please allow 1 to 3 business days for your results to be completed.
6. When your results are complete. One of our DNA relationship testing consultants will contact you and provide you with a result update. A copy will be sent to you by email and another copy will be sent by physical mail.
Please note: If you are a New York State resident you will not be able to purchase any Home DNA Testing kits due to the New York State Department of Health guidelines. Only legal DNA tests can be performed in New York State.