Grandparent DNA testing is an option that can be used to help determine if a biological relationship exists between an alleged father and a child. Ideally, performing a paternity test would be the best option. In the event, the alleged father is unavailable for testing. Utilizing the alleged father’s parent or both parents is an option that can help determine the probability of paternity.
How do Grandparent DNA tests work?
The process is simple to get started.
1. First step, contact Paternity Express by phone or you can purchase a kit online here.
2. After you purchase your kit. Please allow 24 hours or the next business day for your kit to ship to your home.
3. Once the kit has shipped you will be sent an email with the tracking information going to your home.
4. After you receive your kit. Follow the enclosed instructions carefully on how to collect your own samples. Complete the chain of custody form. Place your samples and chain of custody inside of your prepaid return envelope.
5. Once your samples arrive at the lab. Please allow 1 to 3 business days for your results to be completed.
6. When your results are complete. One of our DNA relationship testing consultants will contact you and provide you with a result update. A copy will be sent to you by email and another copy will be sent by physical mail.
Please note: If you are a New York State resident you will not be able to purchase any Home DNA Testing kits due to the New York State Department of Health guidelines. Only legal DNA tests can be performed in New York State.