What Is Home Paternity Testing?
A Home Paternity Test is a non-legal DNA test that helps to determine if an alleged biological father is biologically related to a child or children. Home DNA Paternity Test is a testing option that can be used for peace of mind purposes only.
In other words, the result of this testing option can not be used for legal situations such as immigration, paternity establishment like child support, child custody cases, Social Security, birth certificate name change, etc. Both legal and non-legal paternity tests are performed by our partner AABB-accredited lab.
Please note: If you are a New York State resident you will not be able to purchase any Home DNA Testing kits due to the New York State Department of Health guidelines. Only legal DNA tests can be performed in New York State.
How To Order A Home Paternity Test Kit:
- Contact Paternity Express by phone at 866-205-8356 to order your kit.
- After you order your kit. It will ship within 24hrs from your purchase.
- Upon receipt of your DNA collection kit. Following the enclosed instructions on how to collect your genetic samples and complete your chain of custody form.
- Place all items after you collected your genetic samples and completed the chain of custody form in the prepaid return envelope going to the lab that came with your kit.
- Once your kit is received by the lab testing will begin.
- Upon the completion of testing. A copy of the test results will be emailed to you and a physical copy will be mailed to your home.
If you would like to order your kit today please contact our office directly or order online below.
Please note: New York State residents due to New York State Department of Health guidelines peace of mind at home DNA genetic tests can not be purchased by its residents. Only legal relationship testing services can be performed regardless of use.
ORDER DNA TEST KIT
Home Paternity Test Kit
DNA Test Kit includes sample collection materials for 1 alleged father, child, and mother (if available). Turnaround time for your results to be completed is 2 to 3 working days.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How much does an at home paternity DNA test kits cost?
The cost of for a Home DNA paternity test kit is starts at $199.99 and up.
When will I receive my Home Paternity test results?
The average turnaround time for your results to be completed is 2 to 3 business days.
How accurate are At Home Test Kits?
Home paternity tests have the same accuracy as a legal test.
The main difference between a Home test and Legal Test is how the samples are collected and how the results can be used.
What is the difference between Home DNA Test vs Legal DNA Tests?
An at-home paternity test is a non-legal paternity test for informational purposes. This option does require a chain of custody be established.
Legal Paternity Testing is a testing option that requires a chain of custody be established and requires an unbiased third party collector collect the participants samples.
Learn more about the reason a legal paternity tests is performed here.