Performing a paternity test using blood will depend on whether you are using your result for legal or peace of mind purposes. Using blood samples like blood stains from a band-aid, tampon, or bloody tissue cannot be used for legal purposes. If you require a paternity testing result for any legal use. A blood card or blood draw is the commonly accepting sample collecting options available. There may be an exception to the rule if another type of blood DNA sample is available and a judge deems that specific blood sample acceptable.
Please note, if the method of collecting your blood sample is not performed by blood card or blood draw. All other methods are considered a forensic DNA test and will cost more to test. It is recommended that you contact our office today if you have a question regarding forensic DNA testing as it pertains to your situation.
The testing accuracy for blood DNA testing vs buccal swab DNA testing is about the same. They have a 99% success rate of conclusiveness.
Normally, unless there is a specific circumstance that either the alleged biological father
or the child is unable to use a blood draw or blood card method. Testing two different samples is an option that can be done but all parties involved with the paternity testing process normally have their samples collected using the same method.
Unfortunately, using blood types to determine paternity is not an accurate or definitive way to prove an alleged father is the biological father of a child. What using blood types can do is prove an alleged father is not biologically related to a child. For example, if the assumed father has blood type – A and the child B positive it would not be possible for blood type A to produce a blood type B. Therefore, the alleged biological father could not be biologically related to the child.
The average turnaround time for the blood DNA paternity testing process is 1 to 3 business days which is the same using buccal swab samples. If you are looking to order a home DNA paternity test kit. Please do not hesitate to click the image below to order online or contact our office today at 866-205-8356.
The process is simple to get started.
1. First step, contact Paternity Express by phone or you can purchase a kit online here.
2. After you purchase your kit. Please allow 24 hours or the next business day for your kit to ship to your home.
3. Once the kit has shipped you will be sent an email with the tracking information going to your home.
4. After you receive your kit. Follow the enclosed instructions carefully on how to collect your own samples. Complete the chain of custody form. Place your samples and chain of custody inside of your prepaid return envelope.
5. Once your samples arrive at the lab. Please allow 1 to 3 business days for your results to be completed.
6. When your results are complete. One of our DNA relationship testing consultants will contact you and provide you with a result update. A copy will be sent to you by email and another copy will be sent by physical mail.
Please note: If you are a New York State resident you will not be able to purchase any Home DNA Testing kits due to the New York State Department of Health guidelines. Only legal DNA tests can be performed in New York State.