DNA Testing With Blood To Help Determine Paternity
What is DNA testing using blood samples?
When performing a DNA relationship test there are two common options in which your DNA samples will be collected. One is by cheek swab and two is by a blood sample. Using blood as a form of sample collection seldom used to perform a relationship test. Both blood and buccal cheek swab sample collection options have similar accuracy. Therefore most people use the swab option to have their sample due to ease of use and no pain.
How to order DNA test kit
The process is simple to get started.
- The First step, contact Paternity Express by phone at 866-205-8356 or you can purchase a kit online here.
- After you purchase your kit. Please allow 24 hours or the next business day for your kit to ship to your home.
- Once the kit has shipped you will be sent an email with the tracking information going to your home.
- After you receive your kit. Follow the enclosed instructions carefully on how to collect your own samples. Complete the chain of custody form. Place your samples and chain of custody inside of your prepaid return envelope.
- Once your samples arrive at the lab. Please allow 1 to 3 business days for your results to be completed.
- When your results are complete. One of our DNA relationship testing consultants will contact you and provide you with a result update. A copy will be sent to you by email and another copy will be sent by physical mail.
Please note: If you are a New York State resident you will not be able to purchase any Home DNA Testing kits due to the New York State Department of Health.
ORDER A DNA TEST KIT
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is blood more accurate than cotton swabs?
No. Blood and cotton swab genetic samples have similar accuracy. This is one of the reasons why most DNA paternity testing companies opt to use cotton swab samples to collect genetic samples. Now, if you would specify you would like to use blood instead of cotton swab samples some testing companies may offer this option.
How much does a blood DNA test cost?
The cost of a DNA test using blood will depend on a number of factors. How many people are involved with your paternity test or related DNA relationship test? Are you using the result for legal or peace of mind purposes? Finally, Are you using a forensic sample such as blood on a tissue or cloth?
Paternity Express offers peace of mind DNA paternity test kits and related Genetic relationship testing kits. Therefore you will have to contact our office to discuss the type of sample you would like to have tested. Normally, Home DNA Test kit options that use blood DNA samples are called Forensic DNA tests.
How long will it take to receive my blood paternity test results?
The average turnaround time in order to receive paternity test results using blood DNA samples will be 1 to 3 business days from the date on which the DNA lab receives all genetic samples. Upon completion of your samples be analyzed and tested. A report will be produced and a copy will be mailed and emailed to your home.
Can blood types determine paternity?
Using blood types to establish paternity cannot be done. Blood typing was used in the past to help exclude an alleged father from being the biological father of a child.
Using blood for paternity testing purposes is a viable option that has similar accuracy as the more common way of collecting DNA genetic samples by buccal swabs. If you would like to use blood for home DNA testing purposes. Please contact Paternity Express today at 866-205-8356 to discuss the type of blood samples you have in your possession.